The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) administers PSMS, on behalf of its partners, and provides User-IDs and passwords to eligible participating institutions. For this purpose FAO collects personally identifiable information. FAO also includes information about your visit in collective or aggregated data (e.g. user statistics). FAO is very concerned about privacy and guards your data carefully.
- FAO does not disclose, rent or sell any personally identifiable information collected at this site to other organizations or companies.
- FAO monitors how you use our site, including search terms you enter, pages visited and documents viewed.
- This data is gathered for quality control and improvement of our site.
- PSMS contains links to other sites that can be accessed without authentication. FAO is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. FAO encourages users to be aware when they leave PSMS and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This statement applies solely to information collected by the PSMS site.
- Authentication and tracking logs will be used to produce usage statistics. FAO reserves the right to have logs and databases analyzed by external service providers, in which case every effort will be made to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the data.
- FAO communicates with you via e-mail when you send us the registration form. FAO needs your email address so that we can respond to your inquiry. Your e-mail address is kept in a file for easy reference, but not disclosed or sold to third parties.
- At any time you may request to review, correct or update your registered information by writing to email@example.com. FAO may contact you regarding a website problem or other service-related issues.